Monday, January 23, 2012

Shots, Shots, and Shots

As a parent who can be super laid back on occasion, I am guilty and being so with vaccinations.  I hate bringing the kids to get them, they cry, and then are cranky and feverish for a few days.  Well, I have always justified this by saying, well there are some people who dont give their kids vaccines at all, or until they are older.  Gianna is 10 months are we are going in for her 6 month vaccines today.  Aka im a couple days late.
My children seem to have caught on to the lack of like for the needle, because every time I make an appt for shots, I make the appt but because they are sick.  They are fine until the night before and come down with some ailment.  Now today Gianna is well, so we will trot off to the pediatrician and so what some say is best for my child.  
I am going to admit I have done research, etc on this, but there are so many different resources that I have just succumbed to the fact that I really really trust me pediatrician. 
Any other mamas have this issue??

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear me, yes, I have this issue. Shots are horrible no good very bad.
    With our first son we got them all on time until now... I need to get him caught up. Our second son is so far behind I won't even tell you how far. I need to get them in soon to fix that though.
    It's a tough thing though. There is so much mixed literature and media on both sides of the deal. I think you feel guilt no matter which way you go.
    Good luck with things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm slowing down on shots. Did them all with my first. And now with my second, I tell them they can only give her one shot each time we go in. They can pick the most important. One day, she will be fully caught up. But I won't let them do more than one anymore. I think some of them are completely unecessary but some are valuable. Then there are others who say that they will never let one vaccine enter their child. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle?!?! My friend doesn't let them do any shots until the baby hits 2 years old. Then she allows one at a time. I think that might be the way it goes for this next one!

    ReplyDelete